Friday, October 31, 2014

Quikr Free Shopping Fiesta -An Amazing Experience



I was wondering what I should gift to my best friend on her birthday.
 I wanted to buy a brand new phone for her but she was totally against it as she had already lost 2 Smartphone this year and was precisely looking for a used phone.

Upset by her straight forward no I logged on to twitter to check for any interesting updates.
The first thing I do on twitter is to check the tweets from Blogadda – “Largest community of Indian Bloggers”. It was then when I noticed an interesting activity mentioned in one of their tweet.
It said “Quikr Free Shopping Fiesta”. I read about the activity and found it interesting.
Also now I could buy my friend a cell at a discount which she won’t mind.
Quickly I registered for the activity and waited for the response.

On October 16 I was delighted to see Blogadda’s mail.
The title said “You have been shortlisted for the 'Quikr Free Shopping Fiesta' Campaign”.
I opened the mail and checked out the things to follow and remember.
The points looked pretty decent to me.

About the Brand
Quikr is India’s no.1 online classifieds platform, a place where people can connect with each other to buy or sell goods and services. Launched in 2008 with the vision for buyers and sellers to “meet online, transact offline”, today it has over 4.2 million listings and have generated over 150 million replies.
Headquartered in Mumbai, Quikr operates from 940 cities across India and is accessed by more than 30 million unique users and 26 million brand new customers per month. It has over 13 categories and 170 sub-categories, with the most popular being mobile phones and electronics, real estate, cars and bikes.

My Experience
I went to my hometown for Diwali vacations and came on 30th morning so had only 2 days for making the deal as the contest was going to end on 31st.
Also her b’day was on 31st October so I had just one day to finalize the deal and get the product. Without wasting a moment I started my free shopping fiesta.
Time to open Quickr.

It asked me to select a city.





As Mumbai was among the popular cities I quickly selected it.
After selecting the city as Mumbai it showed me different options to select from.







There were many categories available.
I selected Mobiles & Tablets.

                                      


A window popped up. Exchange your old phone for a new one. Upto 60% discount was available.
This was great. I wanted to exchange mines but before that I wanted to buy one for my friend.
So I kept it for future.

There were lots of filters available.
1. Brand Name
2. Used/New
3. Price Range
    Also there was an option to set Custom range.
4. Ads posted in time
5. Operating system
6. Located in and there were different areas of Mumbai given to select from.
7. Posted By
8. No of Sims
9. Ad Type
10. Photos which was an option to select Ads only with photos.
I loved the different filters.

In the subheading I selected Mobile Phones
Motorola and Xiaomi were my first choice.
Also the custom range was set to 0-5750, Dual sim option was applied and Ads posted in last 1 month were only selected.

                                 

I was searching for Moto E/G or Xiaomi redmi 1S at a good discounted price.
Finally I selected 5 Ads from around 38.
The first one was for MOTO G at 5200.
Not bad at all. I replied to the Ad with my message and gmail id.




The second one was also MOTO G at 5k. Wow !!
Again I replied to the Ad with my message and gmail id.

 

The 3rd AD was for MOTO E.
Though it was quite far but I replied to it too.



There were two for Xiaomi Redmi 1S. The price for one was 5k and other was 5500.
I replied to both and waited for the response.

                                    




In the meanwhile till the response came from the seller side I thought to explore the site more.
I thought to post my own Ad and went to Post Free Ad.
On clicking on it I was navigated to a new page where I had to select a category.




After selecting Mobiles I landed on a page where all the details about the product had to be filled in.
This was really quick and easy.

                                 

Also another amazing feature was “Create Free Alert”.
Here I could chip in the details related to the product I wanted and Quikr would send me alerts whenever it was available in my vicinity.
Quite impressive !!!.

Finally after no mails or replies from any of the seller, I decided to contact the proud owners of MOTO G as I had no time.
MOTO G for around 5k was a surprise element for me but when I came to know that they are used for more then 2-3 years I dropped the idea of buying them.

I took the suggestions of some of my Tech blogger friends and they told me to go for Redmi 1S if I was getting a month old for 5k.

I called the number whose owner was giving it to me for 5k.
A girl who called herself Monica received the call. As she lived in Andheri East so I decided to meet her and make a deal if the phone was in real good condition.

IT was my luck or what but the piece was in real great condition. After checking it thoroughly and also the accessories I decided to purchase it. I tried to negotiate the price but the girl was adamant to decrease a single penny.
I was content with the quality so decided to buy it for 5k itself.

The very next day on 31st I gifted it to my best friend and she has already started loving it so much.
Check out the pics here.


                                                             Here is my Redmi...


                                                             I am loving its features



                                                     Just check out my smile when I use it


                                         A bit of charging and the photo session will start again..;)


                                        I don't pose for the world it's just that I love myself



                                                 My Redmi 1s is also one of my cutie pie

 This post is written as part of Quikr Free Shopping Fiesta in association with Blogadda

2 comments:

  1. It is really very helpful for us and I have gathered some important information from this blog.

    Buy Xiaomi Mobile Covers and Cases

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post fully concerning the difference of latest and former stuff, it is awesome article.



    Durex Condoms Online

    ReplyDelete