Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sugar Free Dessert Challenge- Gajar Halwa Delight


Being an Indori, food has always remained my weakness and when it is some sweet dish it is really hard to control.

Life has become monotonous after joining my IT job. Apart from my job if something is interesting then I can say it’s just Blogging which has made my life alive & happening. “Software Engineer by Profession and Blogger by Passion” is what my Identity. I reveal my identity with full pride & honour. So here I am going to blog about the lip smacking  recipe of Gajar Halwa.

My mother is a great cook, her cooking style, her knowledge of ingredients can leave thousands of chefs craving to get the recipes of her dishes. Since my childhood I have seen her cooking various desserts for me and from those desserts “Gajar Halwa” is one of my favourite.

My mom is a diabetic patient but she loves to eat desserts. When I heard about “Sugar Free Natura” firstly my mom came in my mind and I decided to treat her.

Now I shall discuss my recipe & experience of “Sugar Free Dessert Challenge” which I successfully completed & delighted my mom.

Ingredients:
1) Carrot
2) Dry-Fruits
3) Ghee
4) Sugar Free Natura
5) A pinch of Cardamom Powder

Procedure:

Ø  Firstly clean and peel the carrots properly. After that grate the carrots either with a hand held grater or in a food processor. Put 3 tablespoons of ghee in the Kadai.

Ø  Add all of the grated carrots in a Kadai and cook it for few minutes (5-7 minutes, on low flame).

Ø  Pour 4 cups of milk into the Kadai.

Ø  Stir the grated carrots and milk at a high flame for 10 minutes.

Ø  Later cook this mixture on a low to medium flame till the time milk starts reducing slowly and slowly.

Ø  Keep on stirring the halwa and keep scraping the sides of the Kadai to remove the evaporated milk solids.

Ø  The mixture should reduce by at least one third in approx 2 hours.

Ø  Then add “Sugar Free Natura” alternative for sugar (For Diabetic or Dieting people).

Ø  Lastly add the cardamom powder; stir and continue to simmer on a low flame till the halwa is thick and glossy.

Now your Gajar Halwa is almost ready and you can decorate it with dry-fruits and it’s ready to be served.



This is how I made my Gajar Halwa with the help of Sugar Free Natura.

My mom was really happy to see me cook and put so much efforts in doing something special for her. She loved  the taste of halwa even when there was no sugar, thanks to Sugar free Natura.


Watch an awesome video from Sugar Free Natura


No comments:

Post a Comment