Saturday, September 27, 2014

Planning the Big day for Saina Nehwal

The word marriage holds a very important meaning in everyone's life.
It is not just about 7 pheras, one mangalsutra or a chutki bhar sindur but its a much more deeper connection.
Coming together of 2 souls with a promise and  to be with each other in sweet and sour defines it briefly.


Saina Nehwal is one of my favorite celebrity sportsperson in India and one of my dream is to plan her wedding...
My dream came true when I won a contest organised by TOI in association with Manish Malhotra.
The ultimate prize was planning the wedding of queen of badminton world, Saina Nehwal.

I was given 10 days to do that as the wedding was on the fortnight from now.
Though I had planned wedding of many daily soap celebrities but planning this one was something big for me.She being an International sportsperson has friends all over the world so that was also a challenge.Also the theme of the wedding can't be too flashy as it was the case with TV celebrities. so I had to think of something classy and unique.

In this world where time is the biggest asset, saving every penny of it is very important.
The above phrase holds true in my case as I had only 10 days to plan the complete wedding.
I wanted one umbrella under which I could get everything.
There were so many online shopping destinations in the market but at the same time the cases of bluffing and selling fake products have also increased.
To be true I had no such tension as my companion for planning this much awaited wedding was Baggout, the one stop online destination for all your needs..:)
I had used it before and it always got me admiration.

The important categories for a me at this moment were
1. Bride Dresses
2. Bride Jewellery
3. Bridal Makeup
4. Food and Drinks
5, Accommodation & Commuting Arrangement for Guests
6. Decoration
7. Gifts for guests

Taking one at a time I started my mission "Saina ki wedding planning".

The most important thing in wedding is the bridal dresses.
There are around 5-6 times in the span of 2 days that a bride needs to change her dress.
The first ceremony is engagement and I planned to buy a beautiful gown for Saina.



Next was the Sangeet ceremony and for this I bought a beautiful saree for her.


The next day we have the Mayara ceremony and for that I decided to give Saina a different look with another designer saree.


The last two most important ceremonies are Reception and Feeras.

For reception I bought a beautiful Lehenga for her.


And for Feeras I wanted to simple it simple, not much heavy but stylish. So I went for a designer Salwar kameez.


All the dresses were brought from Jabong where I got 6% cashback.


Next category was the Bridal Jewellery
Diamonds are a woman's best friend and I wanted something which can match with the glow, beauty and charm of Saina so I went for diamonds.
For Engagement I purchased a beautiful diamond ring and a diamond set containing necklace and earrings. Necklace was my favorite of all three.





For Sangeet I purchased another beautiful set with Ruby embedded in it.



For Mayara I went for something traditional and when it is traditional it is always gold.
I bought a beautiful necklace from Jewelskart




Reception is where a girl can flaunt the most and I wanted to leave no stone unturned.
So I bought a very beautiful and stylish diamond necklace for her which could fill her neck and make her look even more gorgeous.




All the diamond jewellery was brought from Surat Diamond Jewellery where I got 10.5% cashback.


For Bridal makeup I choose the most famous make up artist of the town who had done make up of many TV celebrities.

Now as I had taken care of the Bride needs it was time to serve the guests and the most important thing for them is Food and Drinks.
Though I had booked a very famous caterer for the same but as there were many foreign guests also so I decided to order some Pizzas and drinks too.
Baggout had solution for it in the form of FoodPanda and Coke2Home. I quickly placed an order for the same.


Next was the accommodation and commutation arrangement.
As the guests were royal so they had to be given royal treatment.
Hence I choose Courtyard Marriott which was also near to the airport.
Thanks to Hotels.com I got 6% cashback on it.
Commutation was also managed by them.



Penultimate category was decoration.
A marriage is known by the unique and artistic beautification that charms the eyes of beholder.
It is the first thing that a person notices and I had to keep it nothing less than awesome.
So I choose FlowerAura which also gave me 11.25% cashback.

Last category which is liked by everyone is gifts.
People also remember a marriage by the gifts that are given and I wanted to make it special so I decided to give everyone Badminton Racquets signed by Saina Nehwal.
I ordered the stuff from PlantSportOnline which gave me an impressive cashback.

I also had a special surprise for Saina.
For that I ordered a Big Greeting Card from Archies where all guests were going to pen down their wishes for the couple.

I was finally happy and satisfied with my arrangements and was now eagerly waiting for the Big Day to arrive..:)


This post is written for a contest organised by Baggout.








No comments:

Post a Comment